On April 23, 2024, Council adopted the Administrative Monetary Penalty (AMP) By-law (24-021). AMPs are a tool available to municipalities to encourage by-law compliance, separate from traditional tickets. For more information, see the Council Highlight from April 23, 2024.  
For frequently asked questions regarding AMPs, visit our AMPs FAQ page

The Municipality responds on a complaint driven basis for By-law Enforcement. 

Residents with concerns about Property Standards, Noise, Winter Parking or other miscellaneous bylaw infractions are encouraged to file a formal complaint with the Municipality.

We do not accept anonymous complaints.
You must provide your name and contact information for us to follow up. 
All complaints are kept confidential.

How to Make a By-Law Inquiry or Complaint

Online form:
Report a By-law Concern


613-256-2064 ext. 507

In person:
Almonte Old Town Hall
14 Bridge St, Almonte, ON K0A 1A0
Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


**For after hours service please contact:

613-809-7048 (voicemail box only)

Be sure to provide your contact information as the By-Law Officer will require this information for follow-up or, depending on the nature of the offence, to provide evidence and/or to appear as a witness in any court proceeding pertaining to the complaint made.

All complaints are kept confidential and personal information about a complainant will not be revealed to the respondent unless it is required in disclosure at a hearing or court of appeal.