The Municipality of Mississippi Mills is responsible for issuing a wide variety of licenses and permits.

For costs associated with applying for and obtaining licenses and permits please refer to the Fee Schedule.

Birth and Death Certificates 

New baby? You can register their birth through Service Ontario, where you can also apply for birth certificates and social insurance numbers.

Death certificates can be ordered online through Service Ontario with easy to follow steps as well.

Birth and Death Certificate 

Building Permits 

Are you looking to demolish or build? Take a look at our Building Permit page for helpful information you may need. 

Burn Permits 

For information on fire and burning permits please visit out Burn Permit page.

Business Licences  

You can find information on seasonal stands, mobile canteens, and fresh produce stand licences as well as tourism exemption, and municipally significant events under this section.

Business Licences

Congratulatory and Milestone Certificates 

If you have a milestone birthday or wedding anniversary coming up, or your local school, business or sports team has accomplished something great, why not let us know! We can provide certificates personally signed by the Mayor congratulating you on your special accomplishments. 

Congratulatory and Milestone Certificates

Dog Tags 

All dogs within Mississippi Mills must be licenced through the municipality. Licenses are valid only for the year they are purchased and must be renewed each following year.

For licensing fees and more information please visit the Animal Control page.


Lottery Licences 

A lottery is an event that has three (3) components: a prize, a chance to win and consideration or a fee.

Licences to run a lottery can only be issued to charitable or non-profit charitable organizations. For more information on lotteries please visit the Lottery page.


Marriage Licences

Marriage licences are required to get married in the province of Ontario. They’re valid anywhere in Ontario for 90 days from the date of issue.

The license fee is $150.00 CAD (non-refundable), payable by cash, debit or money order at the Municipal office.

For more information please visit our Marriage Licences page.

Planning Applications

For planning application for new developments please visit out Planning Applications page.

Pool and Hot Tub Permits

Please visit our pool and hot tub permits page for more information.

Road Permits

Please visit our road permits page for more information.

Sign Permits

Please visit our sign permits page for more information.