Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 02:22 PM
June 4, 2021
The Mississippi Mills Fire Department is reminding residents that the municipality remains under a total fire ban. Several weeks of low precipitation has contributed to dry conditions across the area. The local fire risk level will remain in the high-risk range until the dry conditions improve.
The fire department continues to monitor the dry conditions. Residents may call the burn permit number at (613) 706-4004 or visit the website at mm.burnpermits.com...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 08:00 AM
Did you know…Mental health disabilities include a range of disorders such as anxiety, mood, and behavioural. People with mental health disabilities may seem edgy or irritated, act aggressively, be pushy or abrupt, unable to make a decision, start laughing or get angry for no apparent reason.
Here are some tips to help people who have mental health disabilities:
- Treat a person with mental health disabilities with the same respect and consideration you have for everyone else.
- If someone appears...
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2021 08:00 AM
Did you know…Vision disabilities reduce a person’s ability to see clearly. Very few people are totally blind. Many have limited vision such as loss of peripheral or central vision, where others can only see outlines of objects or the direction of light.
Here are some tips to help people who are vision impaired:
- Identify yourself when you approach the person. Speak normally and clearly and don’t walk away without saying good-bye.
- If you offer assistance, wait until you receive permission...
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2021 08:00 AM
Did you know…Hearing loss can cause problems in distinguishing certain frequencies, sounds or words and like most disabilities has a wide variety of degrees.
Here are some tips to help people who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- Attract the person’s attention before speaking. A gentle touch on the shoulder or a gentle wave of the hand works well.
- Make sure you are in a well-lite area and keep your hands and other objects away from your face and mouth while speaking.
- If the person uses a hearing...
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2021 08:00 AM
Did you know…Physical disabilities include a range of functional limitations from minor difficulties in moving or coordinating one part of the body, to muscle weakness, tremors, and paralysis.
Here are some tips to assist people with physical disabilities:
- People with physical disabilities often have their own way of doing things. Ask before you help.
- Wheelchairs and other mobility devices are part of a person’s personal space, don’t touch, move or lean on them.
Here are some tips for businesses...