By-laws ensure a safe, quiet and pleasant environment for residents in the community. 

By-Law 101: Education Series

Issue 1: ATV By-Law

Issue 2: Parking/Storage of Recreation Vehicles

Issue 3: Animal Control             

Issue 4: Winter Parking 

Issue 5: Waste Management

Issue 6: Signs

Issue 7: Open Air Burning

Frequently Requested By-laws

18-23 Building By-law 

18-21 Election Signs

18-14 Procurement By-law

17-35 Open Air Burning By-Law  

17-03 Proceedings of the Council and its Committees (consolidated)

16-68 Swimming Pools

16-22 Signs

15-110 Seasonal Stands/Mobile Canteens

14-21 Animal Control (consolidated)

14-33 Waste Management & Collection

13-108 All Terrain Vehicles

12-78 Taxi Licencing

11-83 Zoning By-law

07-72 Transient Traders

07-60 Sale of Fireworks

03-62 Outdoor Illumination

03-35 Property Standards (consolidated)

02-89 Noise

02-78 Littering

02-27 Traffic and Parking (consolidated)

02-100 Use and Care of Roads

02-106 Parks

How to Make a By-Law Inquiry or Complaint

In writing by mail or drop off at the Municipal Office, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

By email: 

By telephone: 613-809-7048

Be sure to provide your contact information as the By-law Officer will require this information for follow-up or, depending on the nature of the offence, to provide evidence and/or to appear as a witness in any court proceeding pertaining to the complaint made.


Some versions of by-laws for the Municipality of Mississippi Mills found on this website may be consolidated. A consolidated by-law is one that includes some or all amendments that have been made to it. The information is provided as a convenience only and should not be relied on as an official copy. The official text of the law, official volumes and office consolidations may be obtained from the Municipal Office.