Water Meter Replacement


If Public Works is unable to obtain an actual reading from your water meter at the end of a billing period a system generated consumption estimate will be billed.  You will be asked to contact Public Works to determine if the outside meter has stopped or is broken and to arrange access to the inside meter should meter repairs or replacement be required.

A service charge will be applied to any account where we have been unable to obtain an actual reading for a period of 12 months (3 billing periods) and for any period following without an actual reading.

Owners who would like to discontinue manual reads may wish to arrange to have a radio frequency (RF) water meter installed.

RF meters can be read from the street without requiring any direct access into your home or business.

Call the Roads & Public Works Department at 613-256-2064 ext 258 to set up an appointment to have a RF meter installed