Posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 03:21 PM
The municipality is at the beginning stages of reviewing the draft 2021 budget. Part of the process in 2021 is a revised schedule to allow for greater input from the public and aim to have the final budget developed and approved by the end of December 2020.
The Municipality will be engaging with the community through weekly educational pieces designed to help residents understand how their tax dollars are being spent, the legislative requirements, as well as the budget decision making process.
Posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:39 AM
Here are 77 things that perhaps you didn’t know!
The Mississippi Mills Public Library (MMPL) has:
- a fantastic website: www.missmillslibrary.com and an online catalogue – search & reserve books and DVDs from home!
- a “Zoom room” for private video conferencing at the library
- an online book club
- disc golf Frisbees to lend – a 9-hole course is in Gemmill Park!
- 1000s of movies & documentaries (DVDs) for adults and children at both Almonte & Pakenham branches. Movies in one branch can...
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2020 04:43 PM
Contact North is a new initiative to help residents get the education and training they need without having to leave their community. Their mandate is to help underserved Ontarians in small and rural communities get jobs by making it possible for them to access education and training during the pandemic.
Their services include:
- Providing information on available online programs and courses from Ontario’s colleges, universities, literacy and basic skills and training providers.
- Assisting with registration...
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:00 AM
Highlights of the September 15, 2020 Council Meeting
The Council meeting began with a presentation from Sally McIntyre, General Manager of Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (MVCA), on the recent activities of MVCA over the past 18 months. Some of these updates included staffing, the spring flood of 2019, changes to the Conservation Authorities Act and a cut in provincial funding and legislation. She also spoke about their Strategic Plan, 3-year Financial Plan and Watershed Plan. For more...
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2020 04:08 PM
The Mississippi Mills Riverwalk Working Group met on the site of the soon-to-be Millworkers Staircase this morning to officially kick-off site preparations for Phase 2 of the Riverwalk. In their first meeting since March, masked committee members were proud to celebrate this key milestone together.
Alex Gillis, Riverwalk Working Group Chair, shared his appreciation for the Municipality, the community as well as the individual committee members.
“The Riverwalk Advisory Committee, now...